kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

New photos from my trip!

Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:05 am

I just got back to Los Angeles tonight from our vacation to the Hot August Nights car show up in Reno, NV... (mentioned in earlier thread "Reno Sirens?").... We had a great time, and I made a strong attempt at siren spotting during the whole trip. I was unable to find any sirens in Reno, but I found some nice ones in small towns along the way. I got photos of all but one, which was a Federal 3T22 or similar. I had seen it on the way up, but failed to find it on the return trip. But here is what I did manage to get:

This one is mounted as shown on the roof of the volunteer firehouse in the town of Antelope Valley, just South of Topaz Lake. This, and all the rest I will show, are located directly on Highway 395.

This one, which I am yet too new to the hobby to identify, is in the tiny town of Bridgeport, which is North of Mammoth:

And finally, these two are located in Bishop, CA. One is on the East side of the 395 across from Burger King in the park. The other is at the North end of town at the firehouse. I was very surprised to see that these both appear to be fully connected! I wonder if they are still tested?

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

Blasty

Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:30 am

Nice pictures!

The Bridgeport siren looks to me like a Federal 5/7 body with a custom cover fitted to it.
Beware those who teach not how to think, but what to think.

SirenMadness

Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:35 pm

Nice pictures.

Yeah, I agree that the weird siren is essentially the inner workings of a Model5 or Model 7; at least the new design poses a harder time for debris to enter.
~ Peter Radanovic

CABLEVision

Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:03 pm

That Siren doesn?t look very effective it looks like the air intake is blocked off with the housing.

SirenMadness

Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:14 pm

Looking at the height of the rotor and stator from the base of the siren, I'd say that there is some effective room for air to get into the rotor.
~ Peter Radanovic

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”