carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:15 am

Oldiesmann wrote:Speaking of Forest Park, the 2001 at the fire station got moved about half a mile further west a few months ago. Maybe they thought it was too close to the one at Kenn and Waycross?

http://tinyurl.com/forest-park-2001 (view from Kemper)
http://tinyurl.com/forest-park-2001-alternate (view from the end of Mandarin Drive)
Actually, that Street View is over 1 year old, so it's been there longer than a few months.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:49 am

The one at the fire department has only been gone for 4 or 5 months, so if the one further west on Kemper has been there so long, I am wondering why they needed one at the fire department - especially when there are two other sirens less than two miles away (the one at Kenn and Waycross is a mile and a half away, and the old broken Allertor is 1.6 miles away).
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

Jpressman8

Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:21 am

Oldiesmann wrote:Did a virtual siren hunt today and found three more sirens in Hamilton County:
Evendale - T-128 at the end of a parking lot near Baxter Park behind the municipal complex at 10500 Reading Road

I'm not quite sure on the other two because the images from Live Maps weren't real clear...

Terrace Park - On the fire station at 428 Elm Avenue (Model 5?)
Sycamore Township - On a pole next to the fire station at 11745 Salzman Road (STH-10 or xT22?)

Can anyone verify what the last two are?
There is also a T-128 in Blue Ash located at Reed Hartman Highway and Malsberry Dr. I remember them putting that in about 9years ago not long after the 1999 F4 Tornado hit the Blue Ash and Montgomery area. I used to work at print shop out there and was working third shift the night that it hit. It touched down about a half block from where I was. No sirens were heard in that area.
five liter V8

carexpertandy

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:23 pm

Oldiesmann wrote:The one at the fire department has only been gone for 4 or 5 months, so if the one further west on Kemper has been there so long, I am wondering why they needed one at the fire department - especially when there are two other sirens less than two miles away (the one at Kenn and Waycross is a mile and a half away, and the old broken Allertor is 1.6 miles away).
Were you ever there before 4 or 5 months ago, because I drive by there a lot, and longer than 5 months ago, I have never seen it on Fire Department property. I can tell that Street View was done in fall 2007, and that 2001 is in the location it is now, and there is not a 2001 shown on Fire Department property.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

carexpertandy

Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:58 am

carexpertandy wrote:
Jpressman8 wrote:Here is the news clip that I saw last week about sirens being installed in the northwest part of Hamilton county. They are waiting for grant money approval from the (drag our feet) feds :( . They featured the White Oak Tbolt that I filmed last month :) . It's the first one in the video.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story ... RSa_A.cspx
I recognized the last thunderbolt shown, which is atop UC's Calhoun Hall.
I also recognize the second to last Thunderbolt, which is atop Clifton Public School on Clifton Ave at the corner of McAlpin.

Jpressman8

Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:49 am

I was planning on heading out to the Harrison area tommorrow. I was curious as to what kind of sirens they have out there. :?:
five liter V8

Oldiesmann

Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:56 am

Jpressman8 wrote:I was planning on heading out to the Harrison area tommorrow. I was curious as to what kind of sirens they have out there. :?:
Lots of interesting stuff out that way :)

Excluding the 1212s from the old Fernald plant...

Crosby Township:
Model 5 on the fire station, 6985 New Haven Road

Harrison:
Model 5 on the fire station, 200 Harrison Avenue
T-128, 10004 Baughman Road

Cleves:
STL-10 on the municipal building, 101 N. Miami Avenue

Miami Township:
P-something on the fire station, 4938 East Miami River Road (Cleves)
P-something on a pole next to the fire station, 3780 Shady Lane (North Bend)

Whitewater Township:
Model 5 on the fire station on SR 128 in Miamitown
Model 5 on a pole behind the fire station, Ohio and Madison, Hooven

Sayler Park also has two SD-10s - one on Sayler Park Elementary and one on St. Aloyisius on the Ohio school.

I also think there's a siren in Elizabethtown (near North Bend off US-50), but don't remember.
SMF

Oldiesmann

Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:40 pm

Found the one in Elizabethtown :)

Model 5, on top of the Elizabethtown Hall at the corner of Wayne Avenue and Stephens Road (visible from Stephens Road).
SMF

carexpertandy

Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Harrison also has a Thunderbolt atop Harrison Elementary School (600 E Broadway St).

And that Model 5 in Crosby Twp. is just an old fire siren, so it's not in the county system.

Oldiesmann

Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:58 pm

Thanks for the info Andy :)

Found one more as well

ASC/ACA P-something, on a pole just west of the fire department at 10050 West Road in Harrison

Do you know if there are still any sirens in Addyston? I found an enquirer article from April of 1999 reporting that two sirens in that village didn't sound for the tornado warning earlier that month, but I can't find sirens at either location now.
SMF

Return to “Community Systems”