thunderbeam63

anybody seen these things.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:45 pm

As I was walking back home from the dentist,Icame across these little bird chirp things on a traffic signal.I looked at them and said''Must be for blind people since its right near the hospital.''And off I went.A few minutes later I came across what appeared to be a MASSIVE schoolbell,on it it read''Sprinkler fire bell.''Or something like that.If anyone has seen or heard these things,please post.
PENIS!

loudmouth

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:42 pm

ya i seen those sprinkeler bell down in my old elementry school the bell was about 20 inches i think. ill take a pic of it. it was powered by the water pressure wene a sprinkler head would go off the water would pass by an impeller then ti would drive the hammer. i wish i could get inside of the school but its closed and i would get a pic of the inside of the bell.

SoundOff
YouTube Username: yuandrew

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:31 am

I've seen the pedestrian signals for visually impaired in some places as well; they are common around San Gabriel particulary along Valley Blvd and near Cal Poly Pomona as well.

The ones along Valley are these small speakers mounted on top of the pedestrian signal with a speaker on the front. A Chirping noise is used for East and West and Cuckoo for North and South.

The ones by Cal-Poly are actually built into the pedestrian head itself. I'll try to get a picture the next time I'm in that area. The same tones are used.

I've visited my relatives in Hong Kong once and they had a similar system only their signals emit "clicking" noises. A slow click is for Wait (Don't Walk) and a very fast clicking is for Walk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=girJVjBVt28

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”