power_siren1
New User

Building a 1000 watt siren array, need some info

Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:42 pm

Whats happenin People!
I Just joined with you guys and thought I'd share my project I'm building.
It consists of 6 Fedreal signal TS100 100 watt police cruiser speakers, and
a cabinent I designed with a microprocessor based control.
It has 6 tone generators and a 1000 watt class D push-pull amplifier, with a 90 volt DC 25 amp power supply. However I am not getting the DB that I wanted. Does anybody Know where I can obtain some 400-3200 watt siren driver cells/speakers, such as Whelen Vortex, or Federal Signal DSA
speakers, or American signal speaker arrays, or anything with some REAL high electronic power handling capability? I have posted some pictures of the project in its making so far. Hope you can see them. Note:
The power amp and power supplies are built 100 percent, but the tone generation circuit and the microprocessor control are still on the temporary breadboard. Enjoy!! Power_Siren1

P.S. How the hell do I insert my images of my public warning siren project? Thanxs Power_siren1[/img][/url]

SirenMadness

Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:05 pm

You cannot necessarily obtain any speaker cell easily these days, as many electronic sirens are not to be out-dated soon. However, if you're willing to pay money, I suggest that you contact the companies.

Also, if you want to post images on this board, click the image-tag, which is at the top of the text-block, write the URL of your image and then click the image-tag again.
~ Peter Radanovic

Conky 2000

Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:13 am

I suggest a siren salvage yard that someone randomly found and posted on the old board. I remember seeing an ACA Alertronic and some Whelen 3016's. Omly problem is....he refused to say where it is/was! :x
If your siren is a-failin'
Chances are that it's a Whelen
And if it's just about to die
Then it must be an ATI

Justin

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:39 am

P.S. How the hell do I insert my images of my public warning siren project? Thanxs Power_siren1

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.someserver.com/someimage.ext[/img]

Rory Buszka

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:17 am

Pick up a Community RSH462, which is a stadium paging horn designed around four Community M200 midrange compression drivers. It should be capable of incredible output, and each M200 can withstand 50W of sine wave power and 200W of program power (transients, like those found in voice communications).

If you feel like blowing out eardrums, look into an array of Community M4 drivers, coupled to the appropriate Community PC horns.
Say NO to excessive siren testing - overtesting desensitizes the public.
Say NO to voice siren systems - multiple origins = unintelligible audio.

ronatello

m4 pdf

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:30 pm

Rory Buszka wrote:Pick up a Community RSH462, which is a stadium paging horn designed around four Community M200 midrange compression drivers. It should be capable of incredible output, and each M200 can withstand 50W of sine wave power and 200W of program power (transients, like those found in voice communications).

If you feel like blowing out eardrums, look into an array of Community M4 drivers, coupled to the appropriate Community PC horns.
Check out the m4 pdf:
http://www.community.chester.pa.us/file ... new/m4.pdf

Blasty

Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:15 am

Wow, a 12.5" diameter driver that mounts to a 44" squared horn. I want one. I don't know what for, but I do. :D

This looks like an M4-loaded horn next to some even bigger monsters!

Mister_Penetrator

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:32 am

Blasty wrote:Wow, a 12.5" diameter driver that mounts to a 44" squared horn. I want one. I don't know what for, but I do. :D

This looks like an M4-loaded horn next to some even bigger monsters!
What the heck is this thing that you are building? It's humungous. Could you get a shot of the front of your speaker system of your?

Justin

Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:28 am

Holy hell!
That things huge!

Nice picture there mate.

AllSafe

Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:16 pm

Are those bigger horns RSH462s? Indeed, they are huge!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”