matt boren

test of tbolt pics

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:22 am

To all I'm the idiot who still cant figure all this linking photos out, so Eric Green kindly received my pics and uploaded them to his site CivilDefense Museum and he then sent me the links which I copied (by pen of course) and here they are character for character. I have to be the dumbest arse on this site, but who gives a flip of the switch. When I want to blow off I just go and do it, literally. Here is my attempt to spell the links out. http://www.civildefensemuseum.com/siren ... tbolt1.jpg http://www.civildefensemuseum.com/siren ... tbolt2.jpg http://www.civildefensemuseum.com/siren ... tbolt3.jpg http://www.civildefensemuseum.com/siren ... tbolt4.jpg
thunderbolt owner setup on my back deck

matt boren

one more tbolt pic from dumass

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:25 am

cdvtripleseven

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:04 am

Here's how you make them show up...
Dad, what does that CD mean on that big yellow horn? Well son, I believe it stands for Cyclone Device......

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:05 am

I'm JEALOUS! You have done what I have only dreamed of doing :D A siren installed at your own property! Just some friendly advice though... I would turn that horn JUST A FEW more degrees away from pointing at your neighbor's house (2nd photo from top) :shock:

And may I say an outstanding restoration of your T-bolt too!!!! It was 100% worth the wait to see these photos!

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

Mister_Penetrator

Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:52 pm

I have never seen a thunberbolt sitting on someone's back deck before. :shock: I just pray that that baby doesn't wake up on her own :lol:

ronatello

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:05 pm

Nice "burgler alarm", Matt! :D
If that doesn't get a conversation started, nothing will. Very nice job on the 'Bolt!
Is it hooked up to power or is it just sitting there?
If I were a burgler or thug, I would think twice of going anywhere near your property! :shock:

Conky 2000

Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:42 pm

Yeah, I agree. My occupational therapy center is very close to a Thunderbolt 1000T that I taped one time. It's scary being 500 feet away from a siren and having it go off-much less it being a T1000! Nice job on the restoration-is it a 1000 or 1000t?
If your siren is a-failin'
Chances are that it's a Whelen
And if it's just about to die
Then it must be an ATI

matt boren

thanks all of you

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:14 pm

To answer some questions first, yes it is hooked up, tho only at the rcm1 cab, the other cab with the AR timer and siratrol is sitting next to the rcm1 but it wouldnt take anything to connect the wiring, it's just that I would not ever use the timer to operate the siren 'cas 10-15 seconds is the most amount of time I can get away with a blast. Also to answer, no it is not a 1000T, however I am actively seeking a dual tone 6/5 rotor to give it that sound, I'll buy a 1003 head for this as well if I can find one. As far as this unit goes it is a 1983 series B/C with it's total life of low hours coming from Duke power plant in S.C. I got this unit a couple of years ago and all I had to do was clean the dust off and excess grease, strip, sand and paint the whole thing with dupont polyurethane enamal color is penske yellow, which is found in their industrial coatings selection. I sprayed it hvlp and made a copy of the tbolt logo off one of these sites, had it clear backed and that other than building the dolly was all there was to it. I have another pic of the control boxes,and also some vid footage of this thing from 300 feet out in front, pretty freakin overwhelming especially on the bottom of the wind down!

kswx29

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:42 pm

Very awesome pictures!

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:52 pm

That is a very cool looking setup! :D I wish mine was like that.

Excellent work!

300th post.
Last edited by Trey on Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”