Hacksaw

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:44 pm

Really nice setup. 8)

Try Jeff at West Shore Services, or Sirens for Cities. They may be able to dig up a 2 tone rotor.

SoundOff
YouTube Username: yuandrew

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:52 pm

Great job; looks pretty new.

How do you operate the blower motor ? Is it a single phase or do you have some type of converter to run a 3 phase motor on single phase ?

matt boren

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:27 am

It is a single phase setup, all hardwired with plenty of amps to spare. This is the 2 belt style blower, so maybe it is easier on the start up loads i dont know. Oh by the way as was mentioned earlier about this making a great burglar alarm, I always jokingly use that as a reason when explaining to everyone that comes over and asks what th hell is that thing!? If they only REALLY knew why I had it, but thats a different subject matter,and only the ones that are registered here know the answer to that anyway. The cops were amused thats for sure, I told 'em I will keep it down to once every 3 or 4 weeks and only during the midday hours during the week and they havent been back since!
thunderbolt owner setup on my back deck

LtKernelPanic

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:36 am

Wow! Couldn't you have just settled for a nice BBQ on the deck instead. :wink:

Seriously though that looks great. Maybe you can get permission to blow it when nasty weather strikes but then again with it being so close to your house maybe that's not such a good idea after all. :shock:

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:58 pm

Hacksaw wrote:Really nice setup. 8)

Try Jeff at West Shore Services, or Sirens for Cities. They may be able to dig up a 2 tone rotor.
Its worth a try, but when I called Jeff about a 1000T chopper motor he said that he would sell the whole T-bolt head for $1500 and the chopper itself would be the same price by the time labor was added to remove just the chopper.

I always got the impression he never liked me though. :P

matt boren

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:07 am

I appreciate the info on the tbolt head, Jeff is supposed to call me back tommorow as I talked w/the other guy there today and he said they had a couple of bowtie units but couldnt say if they were sold or not. looks like I'll end up paying more for that 1003 head than what I paid for my whole rig, but for what I'll get all said and done it'll be worth it. My closest friends knowing just how crazy and weird arse I am, can not for the life of them understand WHY and HOW I pay the kind of money for this kind of toy, I wont tell 'em that in '75 I wrote fed signal and requested literature on their 'stationary sirens'. They might have my arse commited!
thunderbolt owner setup on my back deck

Hacksaw

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:28 am

It's not that crazy to us. I asked FS for some Tbolt info back in 1981.

I wish I could find the info again.

And Sirens for Cities helped Adam Smith with his 2 tone Tbolt rotor by trading.

Towaladda124

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:43 am

Hacksaw wrote:It's not that crazy to us. I asked FS for some Tbolt info back in 1981.

I wish I could find the info again.
I'm not quite sure what product literature you had but I have four different, complete manuals for the T-bolts from the 60's and 70's I believe.

What do ya need?

Robman2ka

Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:25 am

id like to see the video that you shot from about 300 feet away

cdvtripleseven

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:45 pm

I wont tell 'em that in '75 I wrote fed signal and requested literature on their 'stationary sirens'. They might have my arse commited!
Is it that weird to ask a siren company for info? I've
still got the stuff Federal sent me in '78. Now that I think
about it that's probably when my CD collection officially
started.
I'll end up paying more for that 1003 head than what I paid for my whole rig, but for what I'll get all said and done it'll be worth it.
You might be in for a let-down when you get a dual tone chopper.
I was all hyped up when I got my 1000T head and when I fired
the thing up with my vacuum motors as a blower it just wasn't that big of a deal.
I guess it would have been more fun if I would have been able
to fire up the blower but just messing around with it in the garage
I ended up liking the single tone better.
Dad, what does that CD mean on that big yellow horn? Well son, I believe it stands for Cyclone Device......

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”