enigma1677

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:03 pm

Im mean really! Come on people the video wasnt making fun of people gettng hurt. the guy made a video on a test day obviously and having a little fun where it comes to the sirens. Lighten up and take the stick out your asses!

ronatello

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:15 pm

3t22 wrote:wasn't that an entry from the last contest? I don't recall any screaming in the one on wisconsinsirens.
Come to think of it, I don't recall the screaming or voice-overs either. I d/l'ed (and still have) the original P-50 alert vid from the defunct Wisconsinsirens.com and there is no commentary of any kind.

Robert Gift

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:23 pm

Are you thinking the morons heard in the video voiced-over the video?

What does "I d/l'ed (and still have)" mean?
Sorry that I am not up on these things.

Thank you,

ronatello

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:30 pm

robert gift wrote:Are you thinking the morons heard in the video voiced-over the video?

What does "I d/l'ed (and still have)" mean?
Sorry that I am not up on these things.

Thank you,
Short for downloaded. But I still have that P-50 video and there is no commentary during the wind-up, middle part, and wind-down. Nothing.
Getting back on topic of this post, the plastic funnel on the ground was rather amusing. Next time, the person needs to re-orient the funnel where the small part is on the ground (hang it from some fishing line or something... ;) ).

Robert Gift

Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:04 pm

ronatello wrote: the person needs to re-orient the funnel where the small part is on the ground (hang it from some fishing line or something... ;) ).
My thoughts exactly.

In May, 1967, my visiting uncle Bob and others suddenly called out from the east-facing livingroom, "There's a funnel, there's a funnel!"

I instantly emerged from the basement and ran upstairs to the 2nd floor bedroom wondering how I could have missed a developing storm system.

I scanned everywhere but could see nothing but scattered gray clouds.

They repeated it.
I am yelling, "Where?".

Uncle Bob said come down and see.
I yell, "I can see better from up here."
"What direction?" .

"It's a gray funnel. Come down and see."

I ran down the stairs.
Everyone was facing the living room picture window.
I looked out and questioned, "I don't see it?"

Then I saw the plastic funnel hanging from the curtain rod.
Last edited by Robert Gift on Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kswx29

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:27 am

Haha, i was thinking what the heck but when it showed the funnel...lmao! that was great!

ermaff6231

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:56 am

very funny :roll:

AirRaidLover
New User

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:00 pm

That was hilarious! Had me rolling on the floor. :twisted:

cdvtripleseven

Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:00 am

I find nothing funny about tornadoes. Yes, this video is amusing but I find nothing at all about tornadoes. It's terrifying laying in the bed in the middle of the night listening to one pass over your house. That, my friends, has happened to me before and though it didn't do any damage, it's just the simple fact of knowing that it's the middle of the night and that a tornado, a roaring, hissing, twirling elephant trunk that you can't see but know that is there, passes over the top of your house. The tornado warning was out, my city was in direct path of the approaching tornado, all while I was asleep. My parents came in the room and woke me and as I rose out of my bed, I heard that unmistakeable roar. It sounded like a jet plane flying over at a low altitude but much deeper and much louder. It took nearly a full minute of roaring before it was gone. As I said, no damage was done, but the damage was done to me mentally and emotionally. I'm 19 years old and I'm still jumpy when I go to bed and I hear a thunderstorm approaching. It's a horrifying experience when you're 13 years old. That's a night I will never forget. I don't want this to get off topic at all. But, making fun of a tornado, that's going a little far.
Did you watch the same video I did? The video I saw showed
a yellow funnel sitting on the ground with the guy saying "funnel on the ground."
All that was missing at the end of that video was a cheesy comedic rim-shot and cymbal crash.
Harldy worth a long drawn out paragraph about "making fun of tornadoes."
I read through the posts first at work and then watched the video when I got home.
From the way you reacted to it I expected to see graphic tornado video with damage and bodies
flying with some guy laughing at it in the background.
Dad, what does that CD mean on that big yellow horn? Well son, I believe it stands for Cyclone Device......

Mrs. Thunderbolt

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:14 am

Harldy worth a long drawn out paragraph about "making fun of tornadoes." From the way you reacted to it I expected to see graphic tornado video with damage and bodies
flying with some guy laughing at it in the background.
I agree 100%.
~Nikki
Mrs. Thunderbolt

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”