SoundOff
YouTube Username: yuandrew

Nov 3rd Chino Prison Siren Test

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:36 pm

Friday November 3, 2006

I got out of Physics class at Mt San Antonio College around 11:20am today and began my drive to Chino for the monthly siren test at CIM. I got there early at 11:50am so I parked at the businesses across the street where I could get a good view of the siren on the guard tower and waited for the test.

At 12:15, the blue strobes around the prison began flashing followed by the first siren winding up in the distance. Shortly afterwards, I heard the siren south of me on El Prado Rd start up as well. However, the one I was looking at did not activate. :?

Anyway, I waited a little longer and just kept the camera running so I could get the blue strobes then decided to drive down to the El Prado Rd site. I got some of it while waiting for the light to change but when I was about to stop by, I noticed a white van from the prison pulling up to that location which I recognized when I was busted back in June (security guards). I did "drive by" with the camera out the window then quickly left that area hoping that there would not be a high speed persuit.

[Notice how low that El Prado Rd siren is not to mention it was about 40 feet away and pointed towards me when I passed by it. What do they want to do; make passing drivers and pedestrians deaf ? (my left ear still buzzes) ]

I then went and looked for the third siren site. Judging from the direction the sound was comming from, I figured it was somewhere on the north east side. I later found it on the side of the prison's water tower but I was out of camera memory and the test had ended before I got there.

Here's a Google Earth screen shot of the siren sites I marked (in the order I think they are supposed to go off)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ ... nSites.jpg
Last edited by SoundOff on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoundOff
YouTube Username: yuandrew

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:59 pm

SirenMadness

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:11 am

Good job. That 2001 really pierces! Very good!
~ Peter Radanovic

enigma1677

Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:06 am

Really, i thought it sounded horrible...but then again im not a fan of the 2001.

loudmouth

Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:18 pm

a bit jumpy and the 2001 kind is a bit high piched

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”