FedTB

Marthasville, Missouri ACA Screamer.....and a T-Bolt???

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 pm

I was surfing the 'net and was checking out a picture from Flickr of Marthasville, Missouri's water tower, and mounted on the very top of the water tank itself is a red ACA Screamer. Next to it appears to be a faded yellow T-Bolt.

I found out that Marthasville has a torndo siren through the Warren County EMA website, which listed the day and time they test their sirens (first Tuesday of the month at 10 AM for the St. Louis area siren buffs).

In the photo it looks like the horn is turned away from whoever took the picture, so I'm not 100% sure it's even a T-Bolt, but it kind of looks like one. I figured that if it IS a T-Bolt that maybe the Screamer is used for alerting the volunteer fire department and the T-Bolt for Tornado Warnings.

So if any St. Louis area siren buffs have been to Marthasville for one reason or another, can you confirm if what I saw was a T-Bolt in the photo? Thanks! Or just Google 'Marthasville, Missouri water tower' and check the pictures out under 'Images.'

One photo you can plainly see the Screamer and not the possible T-Bolt, but the other one you can definately see something there like a T-Bolt, along with the Screamer. The only thing is is that there appears to not be a standpipe attatched to the T-Bolt. After all, it's mounted on the very top of the water tank. That's why I'm wondering if it's even a T-Bolt at all, though from the camera angle it does appear to be one.

500 AT fan

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:48 pm

The T-Bolt shaped object looks too small to be an actual T-Bolt.

Ninja Squirrel

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Here's another angle of the tower. It looks as if there's only a Screamer up there.

The sniper rifle. For when you want to reach out and touch someone. Like blow their head off.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HyperFlameGuy

coppercarl
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: TheWeatherGuys

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:34 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41703491@N ... 8/sizes/l/

Here is a link to the pic of Flickr

It looks like the flickr pic is older than the pic Ninja posted. And it does look like a T-Bolt to me. My guess would be that there was at one time a T-Bolt on the tower next to the sreamer but sometime between when the pictures were taken the T-Bolt was removed from service and taken off the tower.
Ian Tate
Facebook

FedSig-Kid

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Where's the blower then?

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:02 pm

Said object looks to be some kind of antenna. Notice how there are large rectangular boxes around the tower (cell antennas) then smaller boxes around the inside of the railing that look just like the object on top of the tower. Like Justin said, that thing looks way too small to be a Thunderbolt. I don't even see a rotator box.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

coppercarl
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: TheWeatherGuys

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Charlie Davidson wrote:Said object looks to be some kind of antenna. Notice how there are large rectangular boxes around the tower (cell antennas) then smaller boxes around the inside of the railing that look just like the object on top of the tower. Like Justin said, that thing looks way too small to be a Thunderbolt. I don't even see a rotator box.
Took a closer look and there is indeed no rotator box.
Ian Tate
Facebook

Allertor113
YouTube Username: RLDproductions

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Wow, that is pretty darn high up! I wonder what kindof coverage it gets.

Just a off-topic question what is the Db(100ft) rating for Screamers?
Siren/Field Technician
Moore, Oklahoma

500 AT fan

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Screamer 10 HP is 110dB at 100 ft.

System 7000

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Allertor113 wrote:Wow, that is pretty darn high up! I wonder what kindof coverage it gets.

Just a off-topic question what is the Db(100ft) rating for Screamers?
According to the Siren Museum on this website, the Screamer was rated between 98 and 110 dB @ 100ft, depending on the power of the motor. I believe that the motors were available in 2, 5, 7.5 and 10 hp variants. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Regards,
Jerry.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”