SirenMaster2000

Dream

Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:04 am

Someone on the old board posted a "recording" of a siren wailing but it had a carter and a hurricane siren combined. Anyone have it?

Blasty

Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:55 am

This?
http://www.doomsday.bookmarkhosting.com/s***/dream.mp3

This was an approximation of something I heard in a dream a long time ago. Imagine being in a forest, all alone, and hearing this off in the distance echoing through the trees.
Beware those who teach not how to think, but what to think.

SirenMadness

Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:03 am

This brings back memories of the best year that this community went through! :D
Thanks for sharing.
~ Peter Radanovic

SirenMaster2000

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:05 pm

Blasty wrote:This?

This was an approximation of something I heard in a dream a long time ago. Imagine being in a forest, all alone, and hearing this off in the distance echoing through the trees.
Yes that's it thanks!

Mister_Penetrator

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:19 pm

Blasty wrote:This?

:shock: Man that dream (the dream.mp3) you made is going to give me nightmares for a month.

squad2498

Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:08 am

It sounds like an alien siren

SirenMadness

Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:44 pm

The link doesn't work for me, though I know that I still might have the file on my computer.
~ Peter Radanovic

q2bman

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:55 am

I love that wind-up!
Q2B or not 2B that is the question.

SirenMadness

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:55 am

Now the link seems to be working.
You know, from the early summer of 2004 until about a minute ago, I thought that this was a digitally created sound. It turns out to have been "ripped" from that recording of a Carter!
You know, it's really a shock when you get surprised out of thinking something for nearly two years! :wink:
~ Peter Radanovic

Blasty

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:29 am

Man that dream (the dream.mp3) you made is going to give me nightmares for a month.
Good, that means I did a good job trying to reproduce the sound :D

As scary as it may sound, I couldn't closely duplicate what I heard in this dream. I was really young at the time, didn't even know what sirens looked like or how they worked, never heard one in person, but that sound stuck in my mind since then.

When I heard the sirens winding up, I knew something really bad was happening, but I didn't know what. All I can remember was standing by myself in a dense forest on the side of a mountain. It was a nice and quiet day, and I could see the blue sky through the trees. Then this terrible (but oh-so-cool!) sound begain to echo through the forest in a way that I can't reproduce. They were much bigger sounding. I think I may have been running through the woods while the sirens were going, but I don't remember.

I used that original Carter recording in another little thing I made. I took various sounds and put them together to create a battlefield recording where the listener could visualize the location of each sound. I might have it somewhere, but that was a while back.

[edit] Here it is: http://www.doomsday.bookmarkhosting.com ... efield.mp3

This would be best with headphones.

It was made a couple years ago. The artillery guns and airplane sounds came from a game, and the other gunfire was ripped from videos of various machine guns. Now that I look back, I should have added some gunfire from the planes or some dropping bombs to go along with the air raid theme :D
Beware those who teach not how to think, but what to think.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”