weasel2htm
YouTube Username: weasel2htm

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:46 pm

If you can find out where the salesman is from, look up on youtube a siren from the guys area and play THAT into the phone.

Daniel

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:19 am

t-bolt82 wrote:
Thats a good one. Even if you dont blast a siren sound directly into the phone, you could always have it in the background, and say something like "Gotta go - there's a tornado warning!", or "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!" :lol:
Or if you live in eastern Oregon: "Sorry, sir, a volcano has just erupted outside of town and I really have to go."
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

t-bolt82

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:00 am

Both great ideas, on the previous 2 posts! :D
Viva la Thunderbolt!

dilloncarpenter

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:38 am

This would probably get you out of an angry call from a girlfriend, or ex. Unless she knows you like sirens, 'cause then you're screwed...
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:16 am

loukycheckinin wrote:Justin, I used to use headphones, but after surfing Youtube, all the volumes are different, and I turn it up to hear one and the next one kills my ear drum. Not pleasant!
I know exactly what you mean. A good way to solve this problem is to get a keyboard with dedicated volume buttons, which control the master volume. Logitech makes several of these models. Then, you can start each video at the lowest setting, and gradually bring it up.

On a related note, I was caught completely off guard last year by this extremely loud 1000T video from Jackson, MS. I must had just listened to a soft video, because the volume was cranked all the way up, and when that 1000T started blasting through my speakers, I about wet my pants.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_mlrdLr-9k&fmt=18

Keep those speakers turned down low at night, or wear headphones. I don't take any chances with siren recordings at night. I keep the speaker volume turned down way low, and I've never received a complaint yet. I'm even caucious about it during the day, although I do play siren recordings a little louder then.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

t-bolt82

Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:27 am

Dang! Thats LOUD - like it was filmed right next to the siren!
Viva la Thunderbolt!

weasel2htm
YouTube Username: weasel2htm

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:22 am

If I don't know what a siren vid sounds like, I start with the YT Volume control really low and bring it up when I see the horn start to rotate. As for omnis, I just keep it low.

I thought a few ill thoughts about holler on his ACA howler walk around video, it cuts from him talking softly to a video of the howler at full throttle.

Let me set up my situation, I don't understand the concept of buying crap computer speakers, I use my stereo for computer sound, at the time I had my Carver preamp, connected to a 130x2 Samson Studio amp. I was watching holler's video and I had the volume all the way up as his voice was a little quiet and I was watching from my bed, laying down, he says, "It was pretty potent when we heard it, in Macon." and then, "WAHHHHHHH" I jumped off the bed and my heart skipped a few beats, both in shock and in fear of my speakers (which survived). I laugh about it now, but it was not fun at the time. THAT is the video you send to someone you wanna get revenge on!

Nothing against you Jeb, but I had to tell that story.
In case you guys are wondering, my bedroom stereo is currently based around a Pioneer SX-1250 160wattsx2 Best sounding receiver I own.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:21 am

Yeah, apparently that little clip has gotten lots of people, and lots of four letter words.

thunderbolt1968

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:53 am

I LOVE THIS!!! :lol:
Proud owner of a Federal Sign & Signal Model L-240
LONG LIVE THE 3T22 and the THUNDERBOLT!!!

loukycheckinin

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:36 am

Look, I am a nice guy. I am laid back, have a good head on my shoulders, and don't typically intentionally piss people off. I am happy-go-lucky and appreciate the things I have in life. But this neighbor of mine is not a nice person. I have been talking with some other people in our complex about her since I never really knew knew her. She has never introduced herself in the 2 years I have lived here. The only way I know her name is Sarah is because of the stuff the management here hangs on the doors. Anyway....Come to find out, she is in law school (who woulda known?), doesnt have any friends, and rude by nature.

Then pieces started to fall together.

Last fall I had a ridicoulous party. sure, we were drinkin and we had the music pumpin. It was friday night. Somehow, I looked down at my phone and saw a call coming in from my friend andrea, who I thought was somewhere in this messy apartment. I answered it and ran outside. As soon as I heard andrea say "tyler there are cops coming upstairs, get out", I saw cops coming upstairs.

Long story short, the party was crashed, and I was given a slap on the wrist for the party, and Sarah felt good about the complaint she made.

Fast forward this past Jan. I am in the shower and when I am in the shower (this isnt going to get dirty) I like to listen to music. Well I dont have a radio in the bathroom so I just blare it from my computer. It was 445 pm. I am drying off when of course, someone is banging on the door. Noise complaint. Sarah.

I was alright with this until last tuesday. In 2008 I bought, with my own money, a 2006 Grand Cherokee. Loaded, hemi. Its my p&j, my baby. my bud calls me and tells me this chick just parked and threw her door into my jeep. Guys, I lost it. My temperature shot from 98.6 to well over 200 and I stormed outside. Being on the 3rd floor, it takes me time to get to the lot. Well who do you think I passed on the way to check the damage? You guessed it. Now, since she was walking up the stairs as I was walking down, I had no real verification the car was hers. The damage was pretty noticable, and I laid in bed for hours and cried like a baby (no, I didnt.) I left her a You Park Like An arse**** sticker and came back upstairs. I staired at her door in hatred. I took the dip out of my lip and smeared it all over her door, just for fun. Then I watched this past week to see whos car that was. Longest story shorter, the car was in fact Sarahs. Now its payback time.

I know this isnt the place for rants and off-topic, but i just had to update you guys because you all got just as much of a kick out of it as I did.

Do you guys think I should keep doing this? I dont see how I could get caught...when I know she is in her apt, randomly, I will sound them for 1 minute then stop. Now that I know she is the person she is and now that I know she is completely confused about these random tornado warnings, I think this is harmless payback. I would like to really get back at her, but I cant bring myself to do that. I just dont have it in me to do that. I tried, believe me. What you guys think? Perhaps a random 3am siren or 2?

tyler
-Tyler P
Louisville, Kentucky
Louisville Siren Map
Facebook

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”