WindowsWhistler2419
YouTube Username: JD

Re: The Alternate Fantasy Siren Map Challenges

Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:49 pm

WPS4004Man wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:28 pm
Can I wait a month to post? It seems like there are low submissions since everyone is on vacation.
Sure go ahead.

WPS4004Man

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:44 pm

FSMC Poll

I'm considering starting a new challenge sometime this week, but I want to know if there are people willing/able to participate in the challenge. I have an idea and I'm willing to post when I get a reasonable amount of responses
Sentry rules, ATI's are for fools.

Living in Central Ohio, the Whelen capital of the country.

Jackson95

Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:30 am

WPS4004Man wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:44 pm
FSMC Poll

I'm considering starting a new challenge sometime this week, but I want to know if there are people willing/able to participate in the challenge. I have an idea and I'm willing to post when I get a reasonable amount of responses
I should be available if your going to start a new one.
Just your average 14 year old Siren kid from O'Fallon. Living in a town with a mix of sirens.

WPS4004Man

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:34 am

:shock: I'm bored and ready to grade an FSMC, so here it is:

FSMC #6
The year is 2019 and after a while of being unimpressed by Everbridge Nixle Alerts, Tom Green County, TX wants a new siren system to replace an inactive system of CD-Era sirens. They don't care what the sirens are as long as they cover populated areas with at least 70db coverage.

Angelo State University, however, wants their own system, and wants densely-placed sirens to warn everybody on campus of lockdowns, fires and other area-specific emergencies. Again, they're pretty loose on what sirens they want, but voice capabilities are a necessity. If you want to do extra, there is also an Air Force base on the east side of San Angelo.

I'm going to be grading based on realistically-placed sirens and FEMA-compliant systems (don't place sirens in people's backyards), and also lots of detail in your stories.

Have fun, everyone! :)

WestIowaAg

Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:50 am

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UYcxG ... sp=sharing

By 2019, Tom Green County's old civil defense system had become old and decrepit, and in some instances, didn't even work. it was decided that a new system would be put in place to replace the old one, two major siren companies and one new (totally hypothetical) company were put in charge of creating the new system. San Angelo and the major towns in the county would receive T-135's and T-121's from American Signal Corp. remaining populated areas and uncovered pockets would be covered by Federal Signal 2001's. And WestIowa Industries would be in charge of refurbishing 22 Thunderbolt 1003's, one of which is sporting a USAF emblem on Goodfellow AFB. ASU would request its own independent system for warning students of emergencies such as fires, active shooters, and other on-campus emergencies, Federal Signal would put modulator 2008's on the campus grounds.

installations were set to begin in September.

GodofSirens

YouTube Username: Sirens Lord

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:39 pm

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 16741&z=10 This is my Tom Green County siren map.

Several reports of sirens malfunctioning were becoming a major problem for the city so they'd thought they'd remove all of the civil defense sirens in that city and replace them with a brand new system, Water valley had a refurbished Model 7 from another county and San Angelo decided to go with 508s and 2001-130s, a T-128 also lies within the city, while the AFB has Modulators and DSAs, same with the regional airport. There are also sirens in the south parts of the county, mainly T-135s.
A siren a day, keeps the doctor away. ;)

jacob585
YouTube Username: SouthMissouriSirens
Discord: MidMissouriSirens#9512

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:57 pm

Time to be more active again, the challenge for this week is Travis County TX. It has the City of Austin TX which needs a larger civil defense system. (Also, I made this in place of Jackson95, who will be the judge of this challenge.)
I'm Jacob Ulrich or MidMissouriSirens on youtube.

My Missouri Siren Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 57595&z=10

GodofSirens

YouTube Username: Sirens Lord

Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:19 pm

When will the results be posted?

I'm curious.
A siren a day, keeps the doctor away. ;)

TNSirens
YouTube Username: MiddleTNSirens
Discord: MiddleTNSirens#4881

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:49 pm

jacob585 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:57 pm
Time to be more active again, the challenge for this week is Travis County TX. It has the City of Austin TX which needs a larger civil defense system. (Also, I made this in place of Jackson95, who will be the judge of this challenge.)
Here's my entry: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Here's my "story"
Austin, TX citizens have been fearing the threat of an attack for a while. So, many citizens were asking the city for a system of sirens. Finally, the city decided to take action, and choose Federal Sign and Signal to help them plan a system. Once everything was installed, their system consists of 137 Federal Signal sirens. All sirens have 3 phase motors. The sirens would be tested for 1 minute in wail, then 1 minute in steady on the first Saturday of every month at 11:00 AM, and growled every other Saturday at 11:00 AM. Each campus has their own siren(s), but can be activated by the city.

Edit - Map should be public now.
Your not so professional siren enthusiast.

WPS4004Man

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:51 pm

Who exactly said the challenge was over? I never announced a winner of the previous challenge; if anyone it should be WestIowaAg making a new challenge, since they posted a map.. Also, GodofSirens, your map is private. If you go onto My Maps, and press the share button, you can set this to public.

Return to “Siren Maps”