shodowhater
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:11 am
Real Name: Jared Harrell

Re: Lansing, Michigan, To Replace ALL Thunderbolt 1000Ts

Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:35 pm

How's about this for you, Model2? (picture in intro, visible at 0:40) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6OvTDWDlkw
"Y'know what would suck? Driving a river." - Jeremy Munyon, 2019

User avatar
Greenrid
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:32 pm
Location: probably know by now!

Re: Lansing, Michigan, To Replace ALL Thunderbolt 1000Ts

Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:57 pm

Sorry for the HUGE bump, but it might unfortunately might be official.

I've been past some of the Thunderbolts, and the lines for power were cut, and I just started seeing this as of October. I hope they don't remove them, and keep them. They are a part of Lansing's history! Can someone also E-mail West Shore and tell them to not remove the bolts?

Here is a list of the ones that I've seen with the wires cut: (I will add more when I see them)
-Lansing Fire Station 4
-Both broken Thunderbolts (The one behind the Biggby and The one next to the Lansing public Media Center)
-Harley Franks Early Childhood & Head start


Here is also a list for the Thunderbolts that were replaced by Equinoxes: (I know the Thunderbolt siren map shows this, but still)
-Forest View elementary School
-Maple hill School
-Dwight Rich school of Arts
-Lansing parks & Recreation
-2908 Andrew Ave

If you were wondering, the 2T22 has not been cut as of October!
Last edited by Greenrid on Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoping to get some sirens in the future...
Proud owner of the WIP 508 siren map! ...help is kinda needed
https://rb.gy/bgjrm1


...Does anyone else want bullet points to be added?

User avatar
nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 am
Real Name: Nik VW
YouTube Username: 301.3
Discord: MCH002_7262
Location: Kingsley, Michigan
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Lansing, Michigan, To Replace ALL Thunderbolt 1000Ts

Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:15 pm

As far as I know, there are no plans to remove anything at this time. I'm not sure what the reasoning is, but I'd assume it's either budgetary or there are plans for the units in the future.

Can you verify that the Modulator in downtown Lansing is still up? I haven't been able to get a straight answer from anyone on that.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

User avatar
Greenrid
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:32 pm
Location: probably know by now!

Re: Lansing, Michigan, To Replace ALL Thunderbolt 1000Ts

Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:07 pm

nvanw27 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:15 pm
As far as I know, there are no plans to remove anything at this time. I'm not sure what the reasoning is, but I'd assume it's either budgetary or there are plans for the units in the future.

Can you verify that the Modulator in downtown Lansing is still up? I haven't been able to get a straight answer from anyone on that.
Yes, it's still up. I've actually heard it test before, and it still has dead batteries :roll: . I don't know why they haven't replaced it with a new Mod yet!
Hoping to get some sirens in the future...
Proud owner of the WIP 508 siren map! ...help is kinda needed
https://rb.gy/bgjrm1


...Does anyone else want bullet points to be added?

Randomizer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:01 am

Re: Lansing, Michigan, To Replace ALL Thunderbolt 1000Ts

Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:51 pm

Greenrid wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:07 pm
I don't know why they haven't replaced it with a new Mod yet!
Because it has dead batteries :roll:

User avatar
person person 2319
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:36 am
Real Name: Clayton Geary
YouTube Username: personperson2319
Discord: person person 2319
Location: The sprawling Dallas suburbs
Contact: Twitter YouTube

Re: Lansing, Michigan, To Replace ALL Thunderbolt 1000Ts

Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:00 pm

Greenrid wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:07 pm
nvanw27 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:15 pm
As far as I know, there are no plans to remove anything at this time. I'm not sure what the reasoning is, but I'd assume it's either budgetary or there are plans for the units in the future.

Can you verify that the Modulator in downtown Lansing is still up? I haven't been able to get a straight answer from anyone on that.
Yes, it's still up. I've actually heard it test before, and it still has dead batteries :roll: . I don't know why they haven't replaced it with a new Mod yet!
I mean, the mod just needs new batteries. Replacing an entire siren site every few years when the batteries are drained is not a wise financial decision for any municipality. Buying a new mod II would also not give the batteries the magical ability to supply infinite power. :lol:
  • If a siren peaks at a Concert A, it's automatically cooler!
8-)

User avatar
Greenrid
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:32 pm
Location: probably know by now!

Re: Lansing, Michigan, To Replace ALL Thunderbolt 1000Ts

Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:40 pm

Randomizer wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:51 pm
Greenrid wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:07 pm
I don't know why they haven't replaced it with a new Mod yet!
Because it has dead batteries :roll:
Already said that.
Hoping to get some sirens in the future...
Proud owner of the WIP 508 siren map! ...help is kinda needed
https://rb.gy/bgjrm1


...Does anyone else want bullet points to be added?

Randomizer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:01 am

Re: Lansing, Michigan, To Replace ALL Thunderbolt 1000Ts

Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:20 am

Greenrid wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:40 pm
Randomizer wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:51 pm
Greenrid wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:07 pm
I don't know why they haven't replaced it with a new Mod yet!
Because it has dead batteries :roll:
Already said that.
I’m aware you already said that. What I was telling you subtly, now bluntly, is that it’s a stupid question to ask why they haven’t replaced it with a brand new siren when all it needs are batteries.

User avatar
Greenrid
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:32 pm
Location: probably know by now!

Re: Lansing, Michigan, To Replace ALL Thunderbolt 1000Ts

Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:40 pm

Randomizer wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:20 am
Greenrid wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:40 pm
Randomizer wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:51 pm


Because it has dead batteries :roll:
Already said that.
I’m aware you already said that. What I was telling you subtly, now bluntly, is that it’s a stupid question to ask why they haven’t replaced it with a brand new siren when all it needs are batteries.
Ohh, that's what you meant. Sorry!
Hoping to get some sirens in the future...
Proud owner of the WIP 508 siren map! ...help is kinda needed
https://rb.gy/bgjrm1


...Does anyone else want bullet points to be added?

User avatar
nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 am
Real Name: Nik VW
YouTube Username: 301.3
Discord: MCH002_7262
Location: Kingsley, Michigan
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Lansing, Michigan, To Replace ALL Thunderbolt 1000Ts

Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:57 pm

Cool to know that it's still there. Thanks for checking it out!
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

Return to “Community Systems”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest