Batman
YouTube Username: BatmansSirenChannel

Dutch Flat, CA - What is this?

Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:34 pm

I'm not very fond of my current job, but one neat thing about it is that I get to travel all over the country to do field work. Often to very remote locations. One such place was Dutch Flat, CA about a week ago. In the middle of town there was a siren. Now I've been a siren enthusiast for over a decade, but I don't think I have ever seen one of these before. Kinda looks like a knockoff STL-10. I didn't have time to stop and take pictures, but I found it on Google maps and the street view actually gives you an excellent view of it. Check it out:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/m3ZtnkGvxw62U5ga9

I searched the name of the town on the board but nobody's ever posted about it. Maybe we have an actual mystery siren here for once, haha. Or maybe y'all will be like "duh Batman, it' a so-and-so," but either way I'm curious!
Proud owner of a spontaneously-purchased 1940 Federal Electric Type A
Ulster County NY Map | Broome County NY Map | Union County NC Map

Eclipse DDS
YouTube Username: Civil Defence Fox

Re: Dutch Flat, CA - What is this?

Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:01 am

It reminds me a lot of those electromechanical Japanese sirens, but as for its exact identity I'm uncertain, sorry.
Owner of the first confirmed Mez H1/B2 in the UK :D

Greenrid

Re: Dutch Flat, CA - What is this?

Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:09 pm

The google street view shows that It wasn't here before, so I'm guessing it's also on display. There doesn't seem to be any power running to it either (unless it's very hidden), so it's going to be really hard to figure out what it sounds like. Unless it has more ports than horns, it's probably a 6-port, which does make it seem like an imported Japanese or German siren. Whatever it is, I'm going more with imported Japanese siren, because it does resemble some of their smaller sirens.

EDIT: The siren does seem to be on display for the museum next to it. Maybe they have info for it, like where it came from and what it is!
Proud owner of a E.A Labs Sireane Jr!

Also the proud owner of the FULL 508 siren map! https://rb.gy/bgjrm1

Return to “Mystery Sirens”