User avatar
JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3446
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 5:49 pm
YouTube Username: Jsncrso
Location: OBX, NC

Re: The Official NC Siren Map (BIG update 7/25/2021)

Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:27 pm

kb4mdz wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:17 pm
NCSU - WolfAlert System.

Just found out that there are 11 WolfAlert sirens across the campus. Guess I gotta go round and find the rest of 'em!!
Let me know what you find, although I do have 11 locations for NC State on my map already ;)

User avatar
championsiren
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 769
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:08 pm
Real Name: Magnus
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187
Location: Harford County, MD

Re: The Official NC Siren Map (BIG update 7/25/2021)

Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:01 am

Bump
Glade Creek is more or less gone, went there a couple of weeks ago and found some shroud pieces of a 5V mounted on a sawblade. The poles remain too.
"Someday soon we'll stop to ponder what on earth's this spell we're under...
We made the game and still we wonder who the hell we are..."
-Styx, from The Grand Illusion

User avatar
JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3446
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 5:49 pm
YouTube Username: Jsncrso
Location: OBX, NC

Re: The Official NC Siren Map (BIG update 7/25/2021)

Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:09 am

championsiren wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:01 am
Bump
Glade Creek is more or less gone, went there a couple of weeks ago and found some shroud pieces of a 5V mounted on a sawblade. The poles remain too.
Is this the Glade Creek VFD near Sparta? (I have it listed as an unknown siren on the map)

User avatar
championsiren
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 769
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:08 pm
Real Name: Magnus
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187
Location: Harford County, MD

Re: The Official NC Siren Map (BIG update 7/25/2021)

Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:04 pm

JasonC wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:09 am
championsiren wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:01 am
Bump
Glade Creek is more or less gone, went there a couple of weeks ago and found some shroud pieces of a 5V mounted on a sawblade. The poles remain too.
Is this the Glade Creek VFD near Sparta? (I have it listed as an unknown siren on the map)
Yes.
"Someday soon we'll stop to ponder what on earth's this spell we're under...
We made the game and still we wonder who the hell we are..."
-Styx, from The Grand Illusion

Sirens Warn People
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:54 pm
Real Name: no
YouTube Username: -SWP-

Re: The Official NC Siren Map (BIG update 7/25/2021)

Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:57 pm

Great map! But I found siren in Winston-Salem which you don’t have. It’s a Modulator part of the WSSU system (1 siren) Here are the cords: (36.0908297, -80.2267220). It’s a 5020 btw :D

User avatar
JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3446
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 5:49 pm
YouTube Username: Jsncrso
Location: OBX, NC

Re: The Official NC Siren Map (BIG update 7/25/2021)

Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:23 am

Sirens Warn People wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:57 pm
Great map! But I found siren in Winston-Salem which you don’t have. It’s a Modulator part of the WSSU system (1 siren) Here are the cords: (36.0908297, -80.2267220). It’s a 5020 btw :D
Thanks!

User avatar
HudsonRiverSirens
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 723
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:46 pm
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768
Location: Westchester County, NY
Contact: Website YouTube

Re: The Official NC Siren Map (BIG update 7/25/2021)

Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:17 am

Was the Dallas 40V2T and Model 5 removed, or were they just not marked on the map? If so, Dallas has a 40V2T (active) and a Model 5 (display) at their fire department. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... JLnepVbt8I


EDIT: My Google Maps crapped out. It wasn't showing a couple of markers. My bad
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

Eric-
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:29 pm
Real Name: Eric
YouTube Username: Carolina Trains N Sirens

Re: The Official NC Siren Map (BIG update 7/25/2021)

Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:56 pm

Some Tips if you wanna change them. Selma Siren, is only for tornado warnings, Holly Springs NC siren for tornado warnings and for the church (Town Hall Activates), Harnett Counties "Fire Sirens" Mainly used now for Weather Purposes. Sentry in Elm City, tornado siren. Badin Lake two Sentries are storm activation only, I talked to my friend who lives in that area, he specifically said "The so-called sirens blare the first day of each month" "If you wanted to come here the STORM sirens come over" he isn't a siren fan so idk if what he is saying is true, but there's some info. Enfield has another siren at the Halifax EMS center, both only tornado sirens. I also believe the FD in Norlina has a new siren unsure though. And Mar Mac, Dudley, Mount Olive and Calypso all test every Saturday the last time I asked the FD at Calypso for storm warnings, most FD's nowadays use pagers unfortunately but just letting you know that some of the sirens have been changed for weather warnings. Get back to me please if you want any other changes.

User avatar
JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3446
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 5:49 pm
YouTube Username: Jsncrso
Location: OBX, NC

Re: The Official NC Siren Map (BIG update 7/25/2021)

Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:21 am

Eric- wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:56 pm
Some Tips if you wanna change them. Selma Siren, is only for tornado warnings, Holly Springs NC siren for tornado warnings and for the church (Town Hall Activates), Harnett Counties "Fire Sirens" Mainly used now for Weather Purposes. Sentry in Elm City, tornado siren. Badin Lake two Sentries are storm activation only, I talked to my friend who lives in that area, he specifically said "The so-called sirens blare the first day of each month" "If you wanted to come here the STORM sirens come over" he isn't a siren fan so idk if what he is saying is true, but there's some info. Enfield has another siren at the Halifax EMS center, both only tornado sirens. I also believe the FD in Norlina has a new siren unsure though. And Mar Mac, Dudley, Mount Olive and Calypso all test every Saturday the last time I asked the FD at Calypso for storm warnings, most FD's nowadays use pagers unfortunately but just letting you know that some of the sirens have been changed for weather warnings. Get back to me please if you want any other changes.

Map updated, thanks!

I may end up changing the map legend to differentiate between mechanical and electronic sirens as it seems more and more fire sirens are being repurposed as tornado sirens.

Eric-
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:29 pm
Real Name: Eric
YouTube Username: Carolina Trains N Sirens

Re: The Official NC Siren Map (BIG update 7/25/2021)

Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:56 pm

Yeah there are a lot more sirens too. I feel like just changing the colors could help a bit more too since there's so many yellows. And just my question is why isn't there ANY county wide systems. Other than Mar Mac, Dudley, Mount Olive and Calypsos EMS 9/11 system.

Return to “Siren Maps”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CC1X and 1 guest