Matt Hackler
YouTube Username: Matt Hackler

Tue May 01, 2012 5:11 pm

You would be correct. I didn't see if it was on, I will when we get back there this evening. I'm at Newport on the Levee right now and swear I just heard a 1000T just growl. But there shouldnt be any reason for it. I will find out in that 128 though.
"The Federal Thunderbolt siren is a rotating-beam siren that disperses high-intensity warning signals over a large area." :TBolt:

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Tue May 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Has anyone managed to find the replacement for the 1000 on the fire station on Blue Rock here in Northside? I haven't found one yet, but given that they're replacing just about every other roof-mounted siren in town with a pole-mounted one, I'm assuming they've done the same in this area, but I haven't actually seen one.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Tue May 01, 2012 10:55 pm

I've also gone through Spring Grove Village and not seen a T-128 anywhere. The one I saw today is most likely the one that was supposed to go to the playground on McMicken since Central & Linn is closer to that than 564 W Liberty St.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

nickrusche

Tue May 01, 2012 10:59 pm

I haven't seen one yet either Michael at that fire station. I also have not seen a new siren at the Westwood fire station at the corner of Epworth and Harrison. I still don' t think that the Green Township Senior Center T-128 is hooked up yet.

carexpertandy

Tue May 01, 2012 11:01 pm

nickrusche wrote:I also have not seen a new siren at the Westwood fire station at the corner of Epworth and Harrison.
I think we've decided the replacement for that one is the one in front of Western Hills Shopping Center. All other old sirens surrounding that location have replacements, and no where near that was a fill-in-the-gap siren location.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

nickrusche

Tue May 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Thanks Andy!

Matt Hackler

Wed May 02, 2012 2:15 am

Well I saw a Modulator in Newport, one of the downtown Thunderbolts and another Thunderbolt on a church near Kenwood Mall. The T-128 near my hotel is hooked up and powered on. I've got some pictures below. On our way to the Tri-County Mall I saw a T-128 in Glendale at the intersection of Congress Ave. and Lake Ave.

"The Federal Thunderbolt siren is a rotating-beam siren that disperses high-intensity warning signals over a large area." :TBolt:

carexpertandy

Wed May 02, 2012 2:30 am

Did you see the Thunderbolt that's on top of Macy's at Tri-County Mall?

Matt Hackler

Wed May 02, 2012 2:41 am

No I didn't see it. I was trying though. However by the time that I got to Tri-County the second round of storms was coming through and I was trying to not get rained on. I will say one thing about the Tri-County mall, the glass dome area leakes water pretty bad. I couldn't believe how much water was coming through it. But I was looking for the thing. So is the company installing the 128's supposed to remove the old sirens and dispose of them? When Indy installed their new system the installing company took down the old sirens and disposed of them. They missed 1 siren that Brad found, but other than that they were thorough.

carexpertandy

Wed May 02, 2012 2:52 am

Removal is under a different contract, so we will see. Idk if it's up yet, but the replacement for that Tbolt is supposed to go in front of Macy's unless it went to a different nearby location.

Return to “Community Systems”