SouthDakotaBoy2009

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:55 am

Well, I decided that In gonna go back to audio style recordings just for ancient times sake.

As for the Watertown SD tornado warning one, that one was on my very first computer & I took that apart.

I KNOW I sent that file to you Jason, maybe one of your hosts has it somewhere statshed away?
You Are What You Are & I Yam What I Yam
My Youtube Account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalEagleInc

cauberallies

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:33 am

Holy freaking nostalgia, Batman! Jason, if you have ANY of these recordings on the internet yet, PLEASE send me the links. I sort of took a "break" from sirens in my early teens, so I never heard any of the contest recordings past 2002.(too busy chasing girls, playing in a band, getting in trouble) Although over the years, I've seen people talk about some spectacular siren contest recordings that I have yet to hear, so this is great.

Just the descriptions and filenames of these are bringing back so many memories. I have the sound in my head now, and I need to hear them again. I've been waiting for these recordings to resurface for years, and I am all kinds of excited. Thanks for digging up these oldies, Jason.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: Old Siren Contest recordings sought (Joe? Byron?)

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:48 pm

Can't wait to hear some of these old recordings, especially the mooing TBolt. I've never heard most of them, but I'm very interested in them, especially the Thunderbolt and system recordings. I'm also looking forward to hearing that yelping Allertor, and the Super Banshee in Hi-Lo.

If you're looking for non-contest recordings from 2004 and before, I've got quite a fiew of my own, and they can be found in the second link in my signature.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:21 pm

I've got everything now except Joe's recordings. I know a few of you guys out there have them, but I'll wait for a reply from him. I've got Byron's recordings, except for the 612 in a tornado warning, now so we are set there.

I'm about to go dig in my storage room to see if I can pull up anything else, I'll post an update here.

We really just lack the mooing thunderbolt recording now. It wasn't a part of any contests and its from the early 2000's so this recording may very well elude us, but I have my fingers crossed!

Justin

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:15 am

JasonC wrote:We really just lack the mooing thunderbolt recording now.
Same one as someone managed to engineer a farm animal into a sick sounding Diaphone for April Fools?

weasel2htm
YouTube Username: weasel2htm

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 am

I've never heard ANY siren with a brake, so I'm looking forward to the the Allertor file, and a mooing T-bolt should be interesting too.
BTW, I do have the setup to transfer cassette to the computer, so if I can help in that aspect, I'd be happy too.

500 AT fan

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:26 am

I've heard the Allertor recording on the phone. It really used a special reversing magnetic starter to achieve the yelp signal, not a friction brake.

Rheems1

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:44 am

Alright Jason, the suspense is killing me... are you going to post the 2 Mike Stalnecker clips LOL????? I don't have them on my computer but just like Marcus I am getting nostalgic to hear them as well. That was way back in the early days for sure, I remember the big names were Jason, Blake Woods, Chase Frost (tragically hurt in a fire), Brent Willcox, Brett Jones (the very first 3T22 doing hi-lo.. from Northport, LI, NY), Adam Smith, Marcus Toroian, Dan Drega, Matt Dean and myself. Whenever anyone would have a new recording it was big news, this was wwwwwwaaaaayyyy before Youtube.. when siren recordings were rare (Christ, if I start the next sentence off with "Back in my day" I am going to make an appointment with Dr. Kevorkian). We didn't even know the proper names for the sirens at that point, we had the 4th of July Rocket siren (Model 5), the Coned Siren (STH-10)...either Jason or Adam started the siren database with frequently asked questions. Our big recordings were the siren from Vista, NY (Both Jason and myself got a mention on the page..... http://www.vistafd.org/siren.htm), the Federal Thunderbolt from Whitewater Township, MI by Jame Rhinehart (doing both attack AND alert.. a big deal at that time), the Steelman Hiles tape with the Somerset sirens and the stage recording of the Federal Model 2 (on this page under media).

NanSiren

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 pm

I've got the mooing siren sound file. I just need to know how to send it to you.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:25 pm

NanSiren, that's just great to hear! You've been around on the board since nearly the beginning. If you would, please e-mail me the mooing thunderbolt recording to [email protected].

Dave, I know its driving you crazy :lol: I actually have all of your old recordings to (including the ones you've mentioned). Heck, I even have pics that Steelman Hiles took of your station's old Sterling.

On a side note, I found another old siren contest CD that Byron sent me, and it has the 612 during a tornado warning.

And to cauberallies, Dave, and the rest of the board...don't worry....I'll have all of the recordings posted up for everyone to enjoy (trust me theres hundreds of files).

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”