bmeiser
YouTube Username: squiddy7863

Found a Sentry Defender!

Mon May 25, 2009 9:40 pm

I got bored this weekend while I was at my grandparents in Rochester, IN for Memorial Day so I decided to go for a drive. While in the nearby town of Argos, IN, I found a sight I didn't think I'd ever see, a Sentry Defender. I literally yelled "Holy S**t, it's a Defender!" out my window when I saw it. Here's a few pictures I snapped with my cell phone.

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Mon May 25, 2009 11:36 pm

Wow, very nice find! Do you know when and if they test it? You should record a video sometime. :D
Last edited by Charlie Davidson on Tue May 26, 2009 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

bmeiser
YouTube Username: squiddy7863

Mon May 25, 2009 11:51 pm

I'm not sure if they do or not but I will try to find out. Getting a test video won't be an easy task though, because it is about 2 hours away from me. It would probably be worth it though.

Mr.Thunderbolt

Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 am

Same thing for me too. I'll see what I can do.
Time casts a spell on you, but you won't forget me......

Tannre

Tue May 26, 2009 3:54 am

Awesome! Not many Defender's out there... Or from what I know. They don't look very large. A video of the Defender would be cool, but as you said with it being 2 hours away, that complicates it. I can live with a picture though, really nice find!
Tanner L - Your one of only a handful of siren experts of the Oregon area!

SouthDakotaBoy2009

Tue May 26, 2009 5:05 am

it sounds like Sentry may drop the Defender from its siren lineup from what Im told, its not ordered much.
You Are What You Are & I Yam What I Yam
My Youtube Account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalEagleInc

Tannre

Tue May 26, 2009 6:31 am

SouthDakotaBoy2009 wrote:it sounds like Sentry may drop the Defender from its siren lineup from what Im told, its not ordered much.
Thats unfortunate... The 10V2T is their most commonly ordered siren, so I can see why they may drop some of the more unpopular ones, but the Defender? I think its a bad idea.
Tanner L - Your one of only a handful of siren experts of the Oregon area!

Adam Pollak
YouTube Username: CrazySirenBoy

Tue May 26, 2009 7:35 am

Tannre wrote: Thats unfortunate... The 10V2T is their most commonly ordered siren, so I can see why they may drop some of the more unpopular ones, but the Defender? I think its a bad idea.
Where did you get that data from? It would surprise me, because I think I've seen more each of 3V8s, 7V8s, and 10Vs than 10V2Ts. Then again, maybe siren systems I haven't seen have a lot more 10V2Ts out there.

Otherwise, great find on the Defender though!

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Tue May 26, 2009 10:08 am

SouthDakotaBoy2009 wrote:it sounds like Sentry may drop the Defender from its siren lineup from what Im told, its not ordered much.
Yeah I was told by a Sentry dealer that the Defender was sort of a one-off job they did for a customer who wanted a rotating siren. I think it has great potential, and I would take a defender over an omnidirectional sentry any day. Too bad they are dumping there chance to make a "modern" siren that can actually compete in the market.

SirenMadness

Tue May 26, 2009 1:18 pm

Wow, it sucks that they are thinking about dropping the Defender, as it is truly a unique siren in their lineup. Still, great pictures you got there... the Defender looks very unique and a bit older-styled in comparison to other rotating sirens today.
~ Peter Radanovic

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”